Foundation Scriptures: Mark 16:15-20 and Acts 1:4-5 & 8
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20 And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. Mark 16:15-20 KJV
And while being in their company and eating with them, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem but to wait for what the Father had promised, Of which [He said] you have heard Me speak. 5 For John baptized with water, but not many days from now you shall be baptized with (placed in, introduced into) the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:4-5 AMP
But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth. Acts 1:8 AMP
1. This mission is a divine mission—involving the Great Commission (Co-mission).
- Every one of you is called of God.
- Called to be a follower of Jesus.
- Called to proclaim the Good News.
- Called to be a disciple of His.
- Called to make disciples that are His.
- Called to be like Jesus. You are on a mission— brought into the Kingdom for such a time as this. You have a divine destiny to fulfill—this is the reason you exist.
- You are stewards of His grace and glory—called to manifest His anointing.
2. Occupy till He comes again; use all He has entrusted to you; multiply talents as you go—in order that the whole world may know.
- ALL are called to a ministry of reconciliation.
- ALL are called to be a witness.
- ALL are called to use their talents for the King.
- ALL are called to support Kingdom work.
- ALL are called to multiply and produce fruit.
- This is YOUR mission.
3. In order to accomplish your mission, it takes everything God has given you.
- You have the grace it takes and the grace you need.
- It’s not a sleep—it’s a race.
- You have to work diligently at your mission, redeeming the time because the days are evil.
- Know that you will give an account of what you have done with what has been entrusted to you:
- Your Time
- Your Talents
- Your Treasure
- Your Tongue
- We only have this life to live and accomplish this mission. This life—however long it is—sets, affects, and determines your eternity, which is forever!
- You—it is your responsibility to find your mission.
4. Write the vision—make it plain (Habakkuk 2:2-3).
Hebrews 2:1-4 NKJV—Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, 4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?
Philippians 2:12-13 KJV—Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Your Godly desires turn into Godly goals, inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Focus in on the vision—move in that direction; educate yourself; associate with people who are successful in that field; glean from them; learn from their mistakes and your own.
3 years of total focus will move you into your destiny. This means:
- Holy Life
- Godly Thoughts
- Godly Words
- Godly Actions
- Godly Deeds
The result will be a life fully controlled by the Spirit of God—resulting in you becoming a glove on the hand of God.
You will fulfill your eternal purpose—you will fulfill your eternal destiny.
- Be a faithful follower of Jesus:
- Be a witness—win souls
- Be a tither and a giver
- Raise the standard of your giving
- Be plugged in to a local church that has a vision
- Be teachable—stay humble